Monday, August 5, 2013

I could so write a book...maybe one day I'll get to that, if I have time...

One day I will have time...yeah right, lol. Who am I kidding?? Who has time? 

We finally moved. We have had tons go wrong, many things ALMOST go wrong, and I have even lost a brother in the process. Not to death of course, but because he is a source of chaos for me, and I choose to have as little to do with him as possible. So let's start all the way back to when we moved from Maryland...

Our recruiting days were almost over...We could see the light at the end of the tunnel; we could taste and smell freedom! One day I will do a TELL ALL about recruiting. It will blow your mind. 

Anyone familiar with PCS-ing (Permanent Change of Station), or moving to the rest of the world, knows that there are steps you have to take to get the army or other military branch to send out contractors to move you. Well, we put in the paper work, it was approved, and BAM! Two days before the moving company is supposed to come and pack us up, they tell us that there is no one to move us...WHAT????? You have got to be kidding me! So we pool our resources, beg and plead, and end up doing a DItY move. We had great friends from our community and church that rose to the occasion and really helped us out. We got the truck packed and me and the kiddos go to my parents' house until my husband could clear his unit. He signed out of his unit on July 2nd. Thank God he didn't have a way to check his email. They changed his report date to Fort Campbell. Pushed it back TWO MONTHS! Well, when he called and told them that he was on PCS leave already and had already cleared, they are gonna let him sign in early on August 10th (our original report date). 

So we sign up for housing and think, "hey, we should be able to get nice housing!" Well, only if we wanted to wait 6-8 months. Well, that wasn't happening since the kids were to start school on August 5th (that's today by the way). So we end up taking an older house. One that is a lot smaller than our last house, and we had to get rid of (and still do) a lot of stuff. I actually like this house though. At least the kitchen is brand new and the walls aren't white or Easter egg colors. So that is a HUGE plus. The kids have their own rooms, our furniture ALMOST fits in our bedroom, and we are close to the PX and Commissary. Thank God. And our neighborhood is GREAT.  No joke. It's nice and quiet. 

Now comes all the other crap that happens. Paperwork. Tons of it. Unpacking, which I hate more than packing (I still haven't found my hair stuff...I miss my hair dryer). The SpEd Coordinator at the school was less than stellar (although everyone else has been amazing!) Oh, and everyone here calls Special Education "Sped". Really? Since when is that polite? Oh, and did I mention black widow spiders, and brown recluses??? Did I mention I am arachnophobic and we have actually killed these spiders at our new home?? We had to spray for these little terrors. NOT FUN. 

Oh, crap, it's late...I will continue tomorrow, hopefully. Gotta get up early to get the kids off to school. Trying to get the class I need for Nursing is really a pain in my rear...

No comments:

Post a Comment